WBI In Vivo Bacterial Infection Models
WBI offers the following In Vivo Bacterial Infection Models:
- Candida albicans
- Listeria monocytogenes
- Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus (MRSA)
- Methicillin Sensitive Staph Aureus (MSSA)
- Salmonella typhimurium
- Vibrio cholera
- Streptococcus pneumonia
- Custom Models
Efficacy Testing of Potential Antibiotics in Rodent Models
WBI has the facilities to culture many different types of pathogenic bacteria for the evaluation of the efficacy of potential antibiotics in rodent models.
The bacteria are administered by various routes to model a variety of disease states from food poisoning to lung infection to burn infections. Assay end points include bacterial counts in blood samples and in selected tissues.
Test materials are administered by injection, oral, or intratracheal administration. Plasma or sera are collected at designated time intervals for prompt shipment to your laboratory.
Our necropsy services include removal, weights, preservation and collection of designated organs for histology or shipment to your laboratory.
- Mouse models for survival, bacterial counts (blood and organs), body weights & necropsy.
- Full statistical analysis
- Custom model development services for bacterial infection studies