Toxicity and MTD Studies
WBI offers the following toxicity services including expert interpretation of results:
Acute toxicity: single-dose range finding studies (mice, rats)
Repeat dose toxicity: multiple-dose range finding studies (mice, rats). Repeat dose studies can be tailored to your disease model dosing regimen.
MTD (Maximum Tolerated Dose): To obtain high efficiency treatment of cancer, but with safety, it is important to determine toxicity for a new drug. In the case of new drugs, we perform preliminary toxicity studies in vivo to determine appropriate dosage, frequency and route of administration. WBI scientists have extennnsive in depth experience to help cllients determine maximum tolerable dose (MTD) of the novel compounds for single and multiple dosing.
Also included are:
- Blood chemistry: liver enzymes analysis; complete chemistry panel
- CBC/differentials: analysis of blood samples for cell counts within 24 hours
- Organs: collections, weights, preservation (formalin or flash-frozen)
- Histopathology: tissue sections: H&E or T-blue staining; Pathology Report
- Other animal species: Rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters