Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic neurodegenerative and inflammatory disease of the central nervous system (CNS) that represents one of the most prevalent human autoimmune diseases. MS is a complex disease with heterogeneous clinical and pathological phenotypes. Clinically, MS may present as a relapsing-remitting disease or with steady progressive neurological disability.
Mouse and rat models of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) acquired inflammatory and demyelinating autoimmune disease have been investigated extensively.
WBI EAE Models of Human Multiple Sclerosis
WBI has full services for analysis of test article efficacy in EAE Models of Human Multiple Sclerosis (human demyelinating disease).
Our comprehensive EAE services include:
- Chronic Progressive MS (EAE MOG peptide-induced disease) in mouse
- Remitting-Relapsing MS (EAE PLP peptide-induced disease) in mouse
- Remitting-Relapsing MS (EAE Myelin basic protein-induced disease) in rat
- Prophylactic and Therapeutic Protocols
- Daily In Vivo Scoring and animal observations (results transmitted as collected so you see how your study is progressing).
- Assessment of Spinal Cords for demyelination and inflammation.
- Validated Controls: FTY720 and Dexamethasone.
- Experienced technical staff and project management.
- Rapid Scheduling: your study will start within 10 days of order.
- Custom Protocol and Comprehensive Final Reports
Optional services that may be combined with EAE Studies:
- PK sampling
- Blood cell counts: CBC/differentials
- Histopathology (inflammation and demyelination: brain/or spinal cords)
- Cytokine measurements
- Lymph node collections for B-cell analysis